Airtel DTH Latest Offer
Airtel Digital TV, DTH service from Bharti Airtel and Sony India have come together to expand flat-panel TV market, before the exciting sports season coming up in 2011 this year. Past records undoubtely point that the sale of TVs have a direct positive influence on growth of the DTH category. Hence, this partnership aims to have a powerful impact on the market this season, which begins with an action-packed 90 days of international cricket action.
Airtel Digital TV DTH service since its launch in October 2008 has over 4.9 million customers. Airtel Digital TV DTH not only offers its customers MPEG 4 with DVBS 2, which are currently the most advanced digital broadcasting technologies available in the world after HD broadcasting, but also is the proudly responsible to bring many firsts to the DTH segment in India including a Universal Remote, capability to record live television anytime anywhere and many other unique interactive services. All this is backed by 24×7 customer care, making Airtel Digital TV DTH one of the leading national level DTH service in the country.
According to Sugato Banerji, CMO-DTH services, Bharti airtel, “This alliance with Sony, the market leader in the flat panel category, is consistent with our strategy of furthering innovation through industry leading partnerships. The power of airtel’s MPEG4 DVBS2 technology together with Sony Bravia’s Engine 3 technology will enable customers to experience crystal clear, vibrant images in enhanced detail on both SD and HD. With sports events clearly being inflection points for TV, DTH sales we are confident of leveraging our combined synergies to lead the growth in these categories this season.”
According to Tadato Kimura, General Manager, Marketing, Sony India, “With World Cup being broadcast in High Definition for the first time, the HD phenomenon will certainly gain further momentum in the Indian market. To ensure that our consumers are able to enjoy this strikingly superior viewing experience, we have partnered with Airtel to provide free Airtel HD DTH connection on purchase of BRAVIA TV. We are confident that this association would be mutually beneficial from a business as well as cultural perspective as both companies wish to promote HD viewing in India.”
The offers spells out the following:
• Customers purchasing Sony Bravia LCDs 32” and above will get an Airtel Digital TV HD connection by recharging an additional Rs. 1000.
• Customers purchasing 22” or 26” Sony Bravia LCDs can go in for a Standard Definition (SD) Airtel Digital TV connection by recharging an additional Rs. 750.
• All the above offers include the cost of the set top box, installation charges, along with a 3-month subscription to airtel’s Economy Sports Pack OR 4-months of South Economy Sports pack.
• In addition, HD customers also get a 3-month free subscription to NGC HD.
• Both the Economy Sports Pack and the South Economy Sports Pack include all the leading channels that will telecast key cricket and other sporting events throughout the year, namely ESPN, Star Sports, Star Cricket, Ten Sports, Ten Cricket, Ten Action+, DD Sports and Set Max.
Sony Bravia LCD customers can take this opportunity to experience the magic of the next generation MPEG4 DVBS 2 DTH technology on Airtel Digital TV.
Short URL: http://www.dth.co/?p=423